Video surveillance in real time: The cornerstone of public transport safety in the UK
A technological revolution has spurred a migration across Europe from legacy analogue CCTV to networked video solutions that provide immediate and significant benefits to a range of sectors - none more so than in protecting critical transport systems.
As the UK struggles to keep pace, Axis Communications has put together a white paper putting the commercial and security case for protecting transport infrastructures with IP camera and audio technology.
White paper author: Lucas Young, business development manager, transportation, Axis Communications Downloadable for free (just click the button on the right-hand side) this white paper from the video surveillance pioneer covers:
- Factors driving the shift across Europe to real-time video surveillance and how operators use it to assist in decision-making, from common scenarios to critical emergencies
- How advances in network video cameras and content analytics technology have enabled the effective live monitoring of many locations by relatively few operators
- How smart camera software, such as improved WDR and low light capability, is improving transport security by enhancing image quality to optimise forensic usability
- How Axis technology partners can take IP camera technology into the realms of intelligence, helping to alert operators to unusual patterns and potential incidents in real-time
- The core challenges and barriers to adoption in the UK rail sector and how to build the business case
- How Axis' focus on following cybersecurity best practice with its partners and integrators can help alleviate the threat of unauthorised access to a network
Free Download: The key to mitigating cybersecurity risks Exploiting IoT technology without creating cybersecurity vulnerabilities is one of the defining challenges in today's security landscape.
This report will help you to see why third parties should adhere to 'secure by design' principles and why the necessary convergence of IT and security departments demands a holistic approach.
Axis Communications launches Axis Device Manager to replace Axis Camera Management
Axis Communications appoints Verena Rathjen as VP for EMEA