The new Wisenet WAVE video management software (VMS) from Hanwha Techwin has been developed to simplify VMS installation and operation, but with all the advantages of an advanced HD solution.
Wisenet WAVE expands the company’s range. Hanwha Techwin already offers an entry-level free VMS called SSM. For sophisticated enterprise-level VMS projects, the company integrates with technology partners like Genetec and Milestone.
Wisenet WAVE lets users choose how they want to manage their video surveillance systems with minimal hardware requirements, emphasising simplified user experience.
- ‘Drag & drop‘ tool ti display live and recorded images on a single screen or video wall, with customisable layouts and sizes
- Virtual PTZ allows zoom in for close-up detail of suspicious activity
- Motion detection and video analytics support generate alerts when incidents occur
- A wide range of smart, keyword, calendar and time-slice search options allow for rapid retrieval of recorded video
- Software can be installed on a desktop running Windows, Linux or Apple/Mac, with 24 to 64 live high definition video streams manageable on 32 and 64-bit operating systems
- A cloud-based service can be remotely accessed by an unlimited number of authorised users from anywhere in the world, offering a hardware-free way to take advantage of all Wisenet WAVE functionality
- For server solutions, Wisenet WAVE is available as a pre-loaded, out-of-box server or as software downloadable from the company’s website
- Web-based application enables each Wisenet WAVE platform to be managed as a standalone system or as part of a larger, scalable video management solution
- Provides an audit trail, real-time health monitoring and camera failover support, as well as reports on server health and storage status
- Mobile app provides remote access
Hanwha Techwin says
From the press release: “Whilst Wisenet WAVE is packed with features to make it simple and easy for users to achieve maximum advantage from their video surveillance systems, it is likely to also be popular with system integrators looking to minimise on-site time. With an auto-discover feature, connected cameras and a wide range of third party IP network devices can be addressed and set up within minutes.” Free Download: The key to mitigating cybersecurity risks
Exploiting IoT technology without creating cybersecurity vulnerabilities is one of the defining challenges in today’s security landscape.
This report will help you to see why third parties should adhere to ‘secure by design’ principles and why the necessary convergence of IT and security departments demands a holistic approach.
“Cameras with weak cybersecurity are being installed in national infrastructure”: Hanwha Techwin Q&A
Wisenet X chipset wins ‘Grand Prize’ as Hanwha Techwin targets cash-strapped local authorities with incident detection solution
Hanwha Techwin Wisenet SSM is integrated with TDSi EXgarde PRO
- ^ Free Download: The key to mitigating cybersecurity risks (www.ifsecglobal.com)
- ^ Download now (www.ifsecglobal.com)
video management software
UK developer of open-platform and secure Linux-based video management software (VMS) Wavestore has launched the latest version with simplified camera setup as well as new features.
Automatic camera configuration is now available for ONVIF-compatible cameras. This reduces the time it takes to set up systems. Integrators are able to discover all cameras on the network and apply common ONVIF stream settings for each device as a Wavestore-generated profile.
The enhancement avoids integrators having to use each camera's setup screen. For projects with a large number of servers, systems integrators can create a single customised configuration file, which can be rolled out across all Wavestore units in the security system installation, reducing time spent on commissioning larger projects. While Wavestore's VMS delivers lip-synchronised audio as standard, the latest version, 6.10, integrates compatible ONVIF cameras with built-in microphones and speakers that can be used as part of a cost-effective two-way audio system.
To converse with people of communicate messages across a site easily, the operator clicks the microphone button on the WaveView client for an individual camera or a group of cameras. Audio is included in each channel license.
The audio is recorded onto a separate track that is time synchronised. It can be played back with associated video from any camera in the installation. Wavestore has also made improvements to minimise the latency when using joystick controls, which has been a problem for network-based security systems.
The enhancement provides users with accurate control of connected ONVIF PTZ cameras and Axis' native HTTP PTZ protocol. Wavestore v6.10 also includes a 'recording less than intended' event rule applicable to individual cameras. This is so that when a configured recording period exceeds the available storage, which risks previous footage being overwritten, then an event, such as sending an email to an administrator, can be triggered.
Julian Inman, head of product management at Wavestore, says: "Many of the enhancements we are delivering in V6.10 are in direct response to customer feedback as Wavestore's VMS is used in an ever-increasing number of projects around the World." Wavestore V6.10 is shipping with all new orders and is available as an upgrade for existing users who have the V6 license. Integration modules are available as bolt-ons, or can be ordered at time of purchase with new solutions.
Free download: Fire safety guides from FIREX International The consequences of neglecting your responsibilities are potentially unthinkable. Punitive fines and even prison sentences can be handed down for serious breaches of fire-safety laws and, of course, lives can be lost.
This selection of guides is your one stop shop to ensure you are on top of your fire safety responsibilities.
Hanwha Techwin launches Wisenet WAVE VMS
Alternative security licensing system proposed
Nedap launches mobile access control reader on MACE platform
- ^ Free download: Fire safety guides from FIREX International (www.ifsecglobal.com)
- ^ Click here (www.ifsecglobal.com)